Re: Secondary Wiring

Hi Dan,

Tesla list wrote:

<DNAForInfinity-at-aol-dot-com>

> Howdy,
> Does anyone know if it would be a good idea to use 28 guage for a 4.5" by 22"
> secondary?

It will be fine as long as you don't throw massive amounts of power at it.
It should
handle moderate powers ok. Maybe a bang size of 5 joules or less would be a
good ball park
to start with. I suspect you would have a pretty nice coil.

> I also have 26 guage, but don't know If i have enough.  How long
> would I need? has anyone had a secondary this size before?

To wind the full length with 26awg magnet wire, you need 1,448 ft. or 1.11
lbs of wire.
You may want to leave an 1" on each end unwound for misc. reasons.

Take care,
Bart