Re: Mad NST!

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>hi steve
>
>By removing turns from the primary (the
>turns removed rom the secondry are such a
>small proportion if total turns it doesnt
>matter) you have increased the voltage of
>the transformer by (3/15)*100 = 20% or in
>other words it is now putting out around
>1440v with a peak voltage of 20,700v
>whaich explains the ability of it to jump
>an inch in air. It alsom means that the
>core is saturating and drawing an obscene
>amount of current. All you need to do is
>to re wind the 3 layers of primary
>windings you removed with some fresh wire
>and all will be well.
>
>regards
>
>alex
>------------------------------
>Alexander JJ Rice
>Geek#-1232
>Rank : G-2 (Wahey!)
>http://www.TheGeekGroup-dot-org
>"Because the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth
>!"?

Thanks fo the info.  I wrapped about 60 turns onto the primary, and it all
works well.  With 7 shunts removed from each "pack" i draw about 8A.  I drew
about 4.5A with all of the shunts in place.  So now i just have to get my
SRSG to work(wish me luck!).  BTW, the wire that i used was from an ignition
coil, and was much smaller than the primary coil wire, but i thought it
would be ok, and so far so good.  My arcs from the trans are now about 5/8"
long, much better!

Steve Ward.

_