Re: 1600 turns

Original poster: "Tom Stathes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello
You should probably look for a 4-5kv transformer
regardless of the current you need. The low 4-5kv
tesla coils work best with more turns on the
secondary. The larger capacitor value needed makes the
primary frequency lower, and you need a larger
inducance on the secondary to match this frequency.

--Tom