RE: Engineering and Tesla MATH

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Matt

If your getting A's in mathematics, you can't be as bad off as you think.
But this must be tempered by the fact that A's are easier to get these days.
In my student days, only a few A's would be handed out. In a EE program, you
will be required to take calculus, advanced engineering mathematics,
differential equations, partial differential equations, vector analysis,
complex variables, linear algebra, and computer application. For the most
part, these courses will be about standard calculation procedures which
surface often in application. You should take an advanced calculus course
that has an emphasis on higher calculation. Stay away from theory courses
which are primarily for mathematics majors.

Go to the FSU bookstore now to pick up the calculus book. Study the book all
summer long to get ahead start. Then you will be a ease when you walk into
that first calculus course. Your calculus book will be full of applications.
I never came across a book that details calculus and EE simultaneously.
There is no book on tesla coils that uses calculus.

Godfrey Loudner