MO caps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

I know occasionally this topic comes up of whether or not microwave oven caps
can be used in a TC as tank caps. I think one time when it came up it was
decided that some MO cap manufacturers use bad rf dielectrics and the caps
will explode in a tank circuit but other manufacturers use dielectrics that
can handle rf better. I was just wondering if anyone knows what types might
be good and what types bad. Are GE microwave oven caps made with bad
dielectrics or good ones?

Mark