Re: SSTC As a transmitter.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gary Peterson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <glpeterson-at-tfcbooks-dot-com>

>>What is meant by 'regeneration'?
>>If the reference is to the common regenerative receiver,
>>this uses a LOCAL POWER SUPPLY.  All the 'output'
>>energy in a regenerative receiver comes from the
>>local PSU...

> Yes, that's what I had in mind.  Tesla recognized the benefit of
> regenerative feedback to introduce negative resistance into antenna
> circuitry, incorporating it in his circuits as early as 1899.  In the CSN on
> August 3 he shows a number of receiver arrangements in which RF current is
> fed back from the secondary side of a resonant transformer to a coherer
> located on the transformer's primary side, making the coherer more sensitive
> to incoming signals.

	Indeed:
	Coherer, crystal, magnetic detectors all DID, in a real
	sense (do, to this day) involve 'broadcast power'.
	All such involve tiny amounts of power.  No 'power
	flowing preferentially to the load' has been observed.
	(uWave transmission of power is a separate case,
	involving beams, etc....).

	'If we see further, it is because we stand on the
	shoulders of giants.'

	Much has been learned about RF propagation since
	Tesla's day...

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...