Re: Resonant charging

In a message dated 7/29/02 12:17:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Weazle,

I often deliberately utilize the resonant condition in my PT powered
systems, but I usually go at least slightly LTR.  Some of the old
spark transmitter books mention the use of a somewhat LTR
cap value for smoother operation of the system.  If the
transmitters you read about used a static gap,
then they could have set the gap to fire at a lower voltage than
what was theoretically possible.  Also, if they used a high
breakrate, the voltage would never get too high even with a rotary.

Cheers,
John