BetterCapacitors

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ok
Ive built a coil got it to work ok....now for the improvements....
I built a better safety gap last night... not hard to do....

Now I am looking at my massive salt water capacitor bank...
so I did a few tests with small capacitors last night....
my conclusion is
A flat plate cap does nothing for me... to build one to the requirements
would not increase my capacitance to weight size of capacitor ratio at all

A rolled cap would probably get me to my required capacitance and drop my
weight factor and size factor by a large amount....

A MMC would be the best solution.In terms of size and weight... but I have
no data to support this conclusion just your guys recomendations....

so I need some opinions on a couple things

Is it worth it to route out a source for the thick 30mil PE plastic sheeting
???
whats an average cost of a 15-20nf rolled cap?

Whats the best source for mini caps... The geek group?
whats the recomended ratings for caps not from the geek group?
when is the next geek group order going through?

anyone have a guess at much would it cost me in resistors and capacitors
from the geeks to build a 15nf to 20nf MMC?
Where is a good page to get the math for doing up a MMC?
What type of resistors do I need to use?
Say I built a MMC to go with a NST 12kv60ma, if I buy another NST can I just
build another MMC and paralel it in with the other one? Or do I need to
reconstruct the entire unit?

I can probably figure out a lot of this if someone points me to the right
information, but I would really like the current opinions on capacitors. a
little help with the math wouldnt hurt either.....
My salties are tough and work but I hate moving the big heavy dam things...

I have been wondering has anyone ever built a primary on one of those round
plastic sleds?

Thanks
Chris Dowdy