Re: Huge Dumpster, MOT's found

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Hi Dan
Nice to see you get some good stuff from the dumpster
I'm a MOT user who has also used NST's. I have a preference for MOT's at
high power levels.
I'm aware of comments on the lists about both MOT's and NST's and have made
a few of them myself.
If you have the time I'd be interested to see a post on your understanding
of the balance of why MOT's are bad news or undesirable.
Im not going to go thru my view of the PRO's and CON's again. Suffiice to
say they are an option used very sucessfully by many. It fair ticks me off
to see posts decrying a valid and cheap option that works well when properly
engineered. These things have brought medium to high power coiling within
the reach of many for a very very low price.

Before you thow away your MOT's take a good look on the Tesla WEB ring and
you will get a balancing view that will clearly show that MOT's have a very
real place in coiling as do NST's and other types of xfrrmrs, it's all
horses for courses and what you can get.

There is no offence taken. I'm spurred to post because I see too much
personal preference for design options being taken  as the only way to do it
on the list , this causes polarisation and ultimately is not helpful to the
hobby IMHO.

Good luck which ever way you do it.
Ted Linney in NZ

>I also collected a couple microwaves last big garbage day but got
discouraged from using them after reading the negative >stuffon the net
about using MOTs vs. NSTs in a TC. sorry MOT folks, no offense

Dan
 Ft. Lauderdale