Re: Size of Rotor in SRSG

In a message dated 7/23/02 10:31:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Dan,

The mechanical dwell time during which the electrodes line up
is increased.  This usually only causes a problem with wide
(thick) electrodes, or with smaller capacitors.  The dwell
will not be a problem for your system.  The whipping action
of the air may be reduced somewhat, but again, it shouldn't
matter from a cooling/quenching point of view.  If the disc
is too small, arcs could occur to the hub from the spinning
electrodes, but the disc has to be very small for this to
occur, so it won't be a problem on your coil.  I use a 5 1/8"
dia rotor on my TT-42 TC which gives 42" sparks, and I use
a 3 1/8" rotor on my TT-32 TC which gives 32" sparks.

John