Re: ideas to drop resonant freq?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

i agree that adding a larger top load should lower the resonance.  However,
once the tap gets near the outermost limit of turn 5, the output sparks drop
off.  perhaps, a new secondary with more turns...
AND get rid of the 12gauge solid wire I'm using.  its getting warm.
so i would guess too much current for the 12gauge wire.  wonder if home
depot has reels of 8 gauge insulated. if not, PE tubing is like 2 bucks for
25ft.  I know they have 8awg bare.  got 940 turns of 22awg on secondary now.
going to 1100 or so and build larger cap.  I hate cutting plastic sheets.
wonder if black PE film is okay for a cap. got 1000sq ft of it.

larry d.

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn-dot-com