Re: AboutSalts

Chris:   No!   a gas chromatigraph chart will NOT give you a color list of
elenents. An EMMISION SPECTROGRAPH chart will have that. A list of pyrotech
color chemicals is best as it is choeen to provide colors as seen by the
eye. At low temprature water soluble salts produce colored light when
excited by electrical excitation in just the same way that UV light produces
colored light with certain elements. Calcium and magnesium (epson salt) both
produce white light not colored light. The AA Spectrograph and the GC use
light absorbed by the elements and compounds being tested not the light
emmited by elements so charts made for them will not give you light colors
emitted.
   Robert  H