re: why use ASRG's?

Original poster: "Wells Campbell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wellscampbell-at-onebox-dot-com>

'cause if you are running HVDC from a filter capacitor instead of stepped
up 60Hz AC, you are no longer influenced so absolutely by the sine wave
and you can experiment with different break rates and their effects on
the streamer. I am building a gap that will do 100 to 1200 or so breaks
per second, smoothly dialable by variac. All told, it will run me less
than 100 bucks, and come from a hardware store. (pics forthcoming, when
I get it into a case and run it.)

check out richie burnett's site (www.richieburnett.co.uk) on resonant
charging, it's cool stuff.  in such an (ideal) system, power throughput
increases with BPS.

2cts
--
Wells Campbell
wellscampbell-at-onebox-dot-com

list wrote:

<This brings up the question: WHY? use ARSGs? Is it THAT hard to convert
< SRSG? The cap would charge fully, and there is less chance of over-
volting
 components...