Re: tesla coil on the truck

Original poster: "Mike Hollingsworth by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <megavolts61-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

> Hello group,
>
> I have a crazy idea that would look  really neat  :
> - )     but I don't
> want to get in trouble with authorities.
>
> Has anyone tried putting your tesla coil in the box
> of a truck with a gas
> electric generator and running it while it's in the
> truck box.  Could this
> be safely done?
<snip>
 Shaun,  I don't see any reason it would not work
nicely.  The body of the truck would make a good
counterpoise and also would likely act as a Faraday
cage protecting the electronic inside too.  I would
certainly go for it if I had a truck and generator.
  Mike