VDGRF measurements

Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>

A generating field mill electrostatic voltmeter is a good way to measure the
VDGRF output potential.  Some larger universities have them --- contact the
physics research dept.    You, of course, would probably have to transport
your VDGRF over to their labs.

Commercial power transformer test labs have a large resistive or capacitive
divider network with a toroid on top.  This measures up to 1-2 MEV range.

Ohio has a very nice HV lab.

These are some sources to try.

The problem with doing it yourself if that you need two nearly identical
spheres to insure even potential distribution.  It's usually easier to
calculate it.

With our work and different size terminals in the 14 inch to 40 in. diameter
we found that the output stabilizes around 26.5 kV/cm  which equals 67.3
kV/inch.  We use a standard ground terminal that is 1/3rd the diameter of
the HV sphere itself.

Best regards and be careful with the stored energy.  Even a small 14 in.
sphere has a peak current of around 4 Amps!!

Regards,

Dr. Resonance