Re: Epoxy for Capping Secondary . . .?

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi Dan,

  I've had really good luck with Plumbers Goop.  You can find it in the
adhesives/caulk section of Home Depot.  It sets up soft and pliable like
caulk, but it holds on like mad.  Usually for me separating 2 bits of
plastic glued together with that stuff involves a knife with a long, thin
blade and lots of patience. It sets up overnight, and is simply tough as
nails.

   Suppresses corona like silicon, holds as tight as superglue, and cleans
up pretty easy.  Only drawbacks are price (it is a little expensive), takes
overnight to cure, and the parts should be clamped together while it sets
for the best bond.  I swear by the stuff.

Shad G5-1203

At 02:25 PM 7/17/02, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
>

>         I think i may have already asked this question, but i forget if i
>posted it or not.
>
>         Anyways, I've been searching the archives, and numerous tesla coil
>websites for an appropriate material to
>         bond my PVC or plexiglass caps to my secondary.
>
>         It seems that in almost every article i read on this they tell you
>about every type of epoxy / adhesive NOT to use, but none mentions what type
>you SHOULD be using.
>
>         Any help appreciated!!
>
>         Thanks
>         Dan

Shad (Sundog)
G-5 #1203
"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"