When is enough coupling enough?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <network-at-neXband-dot-com>

Hey list,
   I know I just opened myself up for some flaming with the subject of
this but here me out:)  I just replaced my 4" secondary with a 6" and I'm
having great results.  I'm not having any problems with racing sparks or
anything which makes me wonder if I could increase the primary to
secondary coupling.  The only thing is, I don't want to burn up my new 6"
secondary.  The last time I was tuning my coil, I placed a mirror behind
the coil and kept an eye on the back side(funny how it always likes to
mess up back there where you can't see it).  Should I take a chance and
increase the coupling and just be ready to hit the kill switch or is there
a better way to know when you have maximum coupling?
  I keep telling myself that I better just leave well enough alone but if
I followed that, I would still be throwing three footers respectivly.
BTW, I just posted some new pics of my 6" coil running my new MMC.
Goodbye bottle caps, hello geek caps.... much much better!  I also posted
the video that the pics came from but it's just over 15 meg in size.  Hope
you're using broadband!!!  The cool thing is that my coil looks like it's
throwing 8 footers or better compared to the 8x8x8 shed behind it and the
6 foot latter.  Notice the cool neon light hanging on the latter:))
NEW BLURRY PICS......
http://user.intop-dot-net/~network/pics.html

NEW blurry VIDEO......
http://user.intop-dot-net/~network/videos/