Re: Why people don't use MOTs in a TC

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

It is possibale to put 6 to 8 MOT's in series without insulation failer. I
build a 8 pack MOT (11.2 kVA 19 kV) stack nearly 3 months ago. I got it to
work...but I had to do some minor modifications to the outer MOT's (2 left,
2 on right side..with middle MOT's grounded) whole is under Dialex
Transformer Oil. I wouldn't run a Tesla Coil with it, its just is TOO
dangerous for me! I use it to power a large Jacobs Ladder..its a show
stopper!

A pole pig that runs 19 kV at 11.2 kVA would run at least $2000 US new:::
second hand...you might get one for $1500 US. My power supply was a mear $65
including Varathane, transformer oil, hook up wire and case. Thats CHEAP.
Talk about saving your pennies!!

...MOT's are awesome! If you want to build a MOT power supply and aren't
sure how, just drop me an email at:
<digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>