Re: Water pipe -OK for primary?

one could also use the 45 degree bends to make an octagonal one.  But why,
except for artistic merit? Lots of work cutting, soldering, etc. for
notionally the same performance.  One can certainly use 15mm tubing instead
of 1/4" refrig tubing.  It will have less resistance, but you have to trade
that against higher cost and physically larger size to get same inductance.

I'd look for the absolute thinnest wall copper tubing you can find that is
dead soft so it can be easily formed into a spiral.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>