Re: SSTC can you use SCRs??????

Tom: the question is not can you use a SCR to power a coil. Yes. The real
question is  " is the SCR I  have uesable?"  My largest SCR was 3000v at
1000A while that would work the voltage is quite low so using that for a TC
wuold have limited use. It could be done. What are the specs of your SCR?
Not what is the physical shape.