RE: What kind of PFC Capacitors

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

If you apply 120VAC across the cap's terminals, a good "run" cap will stay
cool.  If it was a "start" cap (which is bad), it will get warm within
about a minute, and is likely to explode, so please consider a blast shield...

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA