Re: Re:TESLA COILS are ILLEGAL!

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I'm sure that this topic will open up a can of worms, but I would like
to interject a few points.

The learning curve will still be steep, the labor and component
aquisition will still be hard. After all, any coil that could put out 38
feet of arc is going to take some serious effort, just from the size of
the secondary ferinstince. Not many people have 100 amp 3 phase 208 in
their homes. And radio shack is never going to carry any equipment for
many KVA, so only the highly determined "general public" is going to
build these 38 foot spark machines. Which the highly determined general
public, is already the people who build tesla coils. The "SSgaps of the
future" are still a ways off, and I would be more worried about the
gov't seriously restricting the sales of pulse caps and such to the
general public (which in their eyes, is us), based on EMP threats from
terrorists.

On the legality of tesla coils, as far as I know their only illegal if
they are an INTENTIONAL transmitter, which they aren't, but as far as
being right under very busy airspace, I don't know. Laws may change
within so many miles of airports and such (like if you live next to
NORAD ;-). Besides, as a friend of mine always says; Legality is
overrated :-).

When tesla coils are outlawed, only outlaws will have tesla coils.

You can have my tesla coil information when you pry it from my cold,
dead hard-drive :-)

<< Jason R. Johnson >>
G-3 #1129
The Geek Group
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity."
 -Albert Einstein