Re: the cure for racing sparks

Hi Boris,

I am not sure where we were with tuning since we were hunting all kinds of
points.  We finally had to scope it to get it right.  The arcs were just
single powerful electrical snaps.  No streamer formation but rather a pure
fast high voltage discharge.  A single fast big snap...

Cheers,

	Terry

At 11:38 AM 7/13/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi Terry,
>
>The primary resonant frequency of his coil was
>significantly above selfresonant frequency of
>secondary when he got 1' arc between coils?If so than
>that was "potato" action I mentioned on tssp list and
>not necessary related to sudden streamer formation on
>top and its (possible) effects to lower portions of
>coil  Paul considers in that animation.
>Can you tell was the power arc lenght 1' from its
>start or firstly shorter but than quckly traveled
>upwards in excess of 1'+.
>
>regards,
>Boris

snip...