Re: *::For those who use MOT's::*

Original poster: "Allanh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <allanh-at-starband-dot-net>

I've just started experimenting with series MOT's, so the results haven't
bee as good as hoped for. I have had two hooked it series to drive a level
shifter. 2 foot sparks, not
exciting. I have had better results with 4 to 5 MOT's inseries driving the
TC with AC. The cap is 33nf now but I can rewire to achieve 66nf at 20KV,
just haven't had time. I have not been able to make the MOT's work at all
with a RSG, The same RSG works well with any combination of NST's. Need to
work on that one. I am limited by 120 supply, don't have a 240 outlet, yet,
so the total power input has to stay below 4800 VA ( 120 volts X 20 amp
breaker.) I trip the house breaker often. Even with all that power, A Pair
of 12/30 NST's can produce twice the spark length, with a lot less power
input. I get the NST's and the MOT's for free.

Keep up the good work,

allan