RE: Slightly off topic- Van DeGraff Generator / other E&Mexperiments

Original poster: "Nick Andrews by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nicothefabulous-at-hotmail-dot-com>

You can use an air switch and pushbutton, as used in hot tubs and jetted
bathtubs for the pump switching.  You can buy one from a spa store or a
place selling jetted tubs for less than 20 bucks for both.  I worked at a
place that turned tubs into jetted units, and we bought them very cheaply.
Just ask for an air switch, a pushbtton and some air line.  The switches
will handle 120V load to control the SCR easily, or you can build a relay
circuit.  I may still have a wholesale source, if several people want some,
and may be able to get them very cheaply, a couple of bucks each for the
switches and the pushbuttons if we order a dozen at a time.

Nick Andrews
Littleton, CO