Re: making dc from tesla coil

> i just tried to make dc from my 2" tesla coil to power a lifter
> although thats off topic so i wont go on about that.

> i used a pointed electrode off the toroid to a sphere with

> the dc line attached to it then put it

	it == the sphere?

> within arc range

	I'd expect that to defeat the purpose.
	The arc (spark) will pass both polarities.
	One pointy and one large radius electrode
	(here: the sphere) will pass one polarity
	selectively.  (I disrecall the polarity.
	Sphere negative in this arrangement??
	Hayulp....)

> now i'm not sure if this is right.

> could anyone shed some light on this for me

	Corrections?

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...