making dc from tesla coil

Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>

hi all,
        i just tried to make dc from my 2" tesla coil to power a lifter
although thats off topic so i wont go on about that
i used a pointed electrode off the toroid to a sphere with the dc line
attached to it then put it within arc range now im not sure if this is right
could anyone shed some light on this for me
many thanks
colin heath