Re: Best Material for Primary Coil Supports

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Hi Dan and All,
>
> > I'm looking for a material to use for my pancake primary coil
> > supports.   In your experience what works best, in that its easy to
>
> > machine and work with, and has good dielectric properties:
> >
> > So far I was looking at:
> >
> > PVC
> > High Dense Polyethylene
>
> * PVC
> * HDPE (white plastic...cutting boards from Wal-Mart work great)

> HDPE CUTTING BOARDS ARE GREAT, DRILL HOLES AT THE SPACING YOU WANT INTO
CUT STRIPS TWICE THE HIEGHT FROM HARDBOARD MOUNTING PLATE. THEN CAREFULLY
CUT THE STRIPS DOWN THE CENTER. MOUNT BY SCREWING THROUGH THE UNDERSIDE OF
THE HARDBOARD INTO THE POLY, THEN USE HOT GLUE (HIGH TEMP MELT) TO HOLD THE
PRIMARY COIL IN PLACE.

 BEAUTIFUL!!

YOU COULD WIRE TIE THE TURNS, BUT WITH SOME HANDY HOT GLUE WORK, NICE,
NICE, NICE.
MEM.