Re: vaseline

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Electrodude83-at-aol-dot-com>

Its alright, I don't really need vaseline anymore. It was gonna be too much $
for me. I ended up using shortening with a layer of motor oil over the top to
reduce the contact the shortening has with air, so it will take longer to go
rancid. I'm sure its not the best insulator, but it seems to be working fine
for me. I'm only running the transformer at 50,000 volts anyway.
                                                  Justin