RE: Location of Primary relative to Secondary???

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

>I usually make the very first turn of the secondary, level with the inner
>turn of the primary.  Its usually as level as i can get them.  I would
>believe this to have the highest coupling, correct?

No, the highest coupling would be with the flat primary at the midpoint of
the secondary winding.  But, we don't want the highest coupling possible,
just slightly less than what causes racing sparks to occur.

Gary Lau
MA, USA