Re: The Twins won't work together?

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Are you positive that the primaries are wired correct??  They are in series
but the inner turn of each coil connect together, and the outer taps connect
to the primary circuit.  This is assuming that all of the coils are the same
direction wound.  Are you grounding the secondaries or just connecting them
together?  This didnt make a difference with my twin coils, but it may with
yours.  And maybe try discharge points of several inches long pointing at
each other form each coil.  I have had the same problem as you (much smaller
scale!) but with hours and hours of playing, they eventually got along.
Then i got bored with them and made one large coil(hehe, liked the single
long arc rather than 2 smaller ones).  Good luck, and very cool project!

Steve Ward.