Re: resonant freq.

George: I do things the way I was shown to do years passed. People calculate
things with computers , I dont I'm old . A resonant circuit will become high
impedance ( parralel) or low impedance (series) at the resonant frequency.
so all you nead to do is measure the voltage drop with a scope or AC volt
meter to see that point. You nead a signal generator that will provide AC at
the 100Kc to 500 Kc frequency range , a volt meter and a resistor of 50  or
600 ohms to match your signal generator. I conect a wire to my secondary top
and bace with a resistor in series and connect it all to the signal
generator . I measure the voltage across the coil and change the frequency
of the signal generetor to note the peak or dip of voltage. I get a sharp
change at arount 100-200 Khz for a 1400 turn coil and another sharp change
at each harnonic I supply as I tune up. IE..  120,  240,,  360 Khz etc. I
havent specified wheather the voltage goes up or down because I dont know
how you will connect your coil to sense the series or parallel resonant coil
frequency. The two frequencies are usualy close enough to make little
differance. when you are tuning your system. Use your voltmeter across your
coil or resistor not your signal generator. Modern high current  digital
signal generators will not show a change across the signal generator older
analog signal generators will.
       Robert  H