Re: PVC secondaries

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

> Has anyone ever dehydrated a piece of PVC under laboratory conditions to
> determine the amount of water retention? If RF-losses of PVC are high, it
> seems like RF-heating would dehydrate the PVC form. What is the evidence
> that PVC is a high RF-loss material? To me, high loss means that significant
> amounts of energy from the electromagnetic field is converted to heat
> energy. I have not seen any of my PVC forms attempting to meltdown during
> tesla coil operation. Maybe these charges against PVC are myths.
>
> Godfrey Loudner

I've put pieces of ABS in a microwave.  They get just slighly warm after
a couple minutes.  So if they have little loss at 2.5Ghz, its likely to
be insignificant < 1Mhz.  But then the microwave would drive off any H2O
present.  Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com