Re: High Power Solid State Tesla Coil - Successful Test

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> Wow Dan, thats one of the nicest designs and web pages I have ever
> seen.  If your FETs are only getting warm, you've done a great job.  I
> hope I can do as good a job of web presentation if I ever get my
> Sheppard-Taylor driver running, but it is a highly experimental CW
> design right now.

Thanks for the compliment.  Yes, the FETs only get slightly warm but then
again their $70.00 apiece.  My first SSTC
used IRP460s which got darn hot under even 120VAC half-rectified, and then
under 240VAC usually blew up quite a bit!

I defintely anticipating when you'll be finished your project.  BTW, what is
your web link again, I'd like to check out your schematics.

Thanks
Dan