MMC for 4 pack MOT supply

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

All,
I would like some advice on my idea about a capacitor for a 4 pack MOT supply.
I would like to make 4 strings of 6 Geek group caps for a voltage rating of
12KV and 100nF.  My question is will the capacitors take the current and the
power from the MOTs or do I have to build a capacitor for this one.  If I did
this it would be easy to go to 2 strings of 12 for my 15/60 NST supply.  Also,
will the 6000VA or so this psu will be supplying be overpowering my 4" x 20"
secondary?  Can high voltage side capacitve ballasting reduce the power
somewhat? (I did this with 2 series MOTs and could plug them directly into a
15A outlet, 1 MO cap on each "leg").  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy C.
Internet Homepage:
<http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/>http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/