RE: Re-configuring X-Ray Transformers

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Jack

There's a heck of a lot of wire in those HV windings, making for much
impedance. You would need 100kV impressed on the HV windings to circulate
the normal full-load current of 400 mA. The 20,000 volts is not enough to
overcome the impedance to circulate a current of 2 amps. Turns must be
removed from the HV windings to lower the impedance.

Was it costly to get two x-ray transformers together with their control
panels. There are many useful devices in the control panels.

Godfrey Loudner