Re: HV DC supply design

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dwight.Crider-at-regulusgroup-dot-com>

Rick,
Your checks were valid. I would not feel safe until I had verified the
voltages across all the capacitors as substantially equal, however. Your
ratings were conservative-good.  If you know the expected load and can
adjust your saltwater load to match, you might want to check the
temperature rise of the diodes, and transformer(s). If you were also
conservative in that area you should have no problems with conventional
loads. Tesla coils are another matter and HV/RF isolation is a complete and
separate issue. There are some excellent HV/RF isolation references and
examples in the archives if this supply is to power a TC.

Dwight Crider