Re: Re-configuring X-Ray Transformers

> If a transformers specs were say 400 MA -at- 100 KV, is
> it not true that I could expect say 2 amps -at- 20 KV?

	Only if an entire new secondary is provided.

	1) The wire of the existing secondary is sufficient for
	400 mA.  Its 4 or 5 times too small for 2 A.
	(yes: it would carry the 2A.  Briefly.  At high loss.)

	2) ADDITIONALLY (and independently):
	If trying to draw 2A at 20 KV with full voltage in,
	the transformer would, effectively, have 100KV internally,
	80KV thrown away in losses, thus 160KW in losses.
	(80KV*2A).
	(in reality: the above case would not be reached.  But it
	illustrates...)

	3) If the input voltage is reduced, to give 20 KV out,
	then the required input current to get 2A OUT would be
	such as to saturate the core, probably melt down the primary,
	etc.

	best
	dwp