Re: Overvolting MOT's

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Well, it seems that JW (I'm not sure who he is) isn't so crazy after all! I
tried the MOT overvolting my self an it seems to work for a while. Only
tried it on two MASSIVE 2 KW MOT's.

I tried several methods...some tripped the breaker instantly, and others
gave me X1.5 to almost X2 voltage output. I would be extremely careful while
doing this...I fried one of my MOT's before I actually had my setup running
OK.

Parralel 240VAC and leave the secondaries free like a neon and ground the
MOT cores works ok. But man, the primaries get hot!

If the MOT's are not big enough you will saturate the cores for sure and
your breaker will go off like a FIRECRACKER.

I have heard of other ways of doing the overvolting method on MOT...some
sound very odd....but I have been told they work.

Personally I would just go will 120 VAC and get myself a 50A breaker and
start finding 6 MOT's....you still get 12kVAC at high current. Your MOT's
last A LOT longer this way!! Or make an AC voltage doubler...you could
easily get 16 kVAC that way!

Experiment. MOT's are POWERFUL TRANSFORMERS...and cheap!!

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn-dot-com