Re: Re-configuring X-Ray Transformers

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jack King by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<speakernut-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Greetings,
>
> Being the proud recipient of a few large x-ray trannys
> and controllers, I am desirous of converting them
> downward in output voltage for practical use. I've
> read threads of re-winding and so on, but nothin to do
> with what I propose specifically...Any of you tried
> this?

	I would concur with the suggestion of dropping the
	input voltage.  Transformer should be well
	insulated for the lower voltage.  Downside is that the
	_power_ available would drop off, as the max current would
	not go up (assuming operation within ratings...)
	Also, x-ray transformers are not 'self protecting', as
	NST, OBIT, etc....

	best
	dwp