Re: Multiplier Powered Tesla

Hi Jim,

On 25 Jan 2002, at 12:09, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> In fact, this might be a good application for using inductors as the
> charging impedance in the Marx. You'd choose the impedance low enough so
> that the caps can charge in the required time between breaks, but high
> enough that it doesn't damp out the 100 kHz oscillation from the TC.

I tried exactly that in the late 90's with a slightly modified
arrangement to a standard Marx. An interesting expt and it worked,
but unless you want to run with primary voltages well above the
voltages you can obtain with the many varieties of transformers that
are around, it really isn't worth the effort.

Regards,
Malcolm
<snip>