Re: Tesla Human Discharge

Original poster: "J Whyte by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <xoom321-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Tesla Human Discharge
>Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:05:29 -0700
>
>Original poster: "Cory Roussel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><imcuddlycory-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>Hello AGAIN,
>
>how are the human discharge experiments where somone
>stands on an insulated stool and shocks stuff while
>holding a TC done???
>
>i realize it has to do with the skin effect of high
>frequency but at the kind of amperage a TC puts out
>wouldent that burn skin???
>

>i hope you all dont mind me putting my seprate ideas
>in seperate posts...  i find it more appropriate to
>seperate ideas but if it is a problem do tell....
>

>many thanks,
>
>Cory Roussel
-------------------------------
The so called "Tesla human discharge" you are talking about is HIGHLY
DANGEROUS!!!!!! If you were outside, or in a room void of other electrical
wires it would still be a risky operation. The problem is that the secondary
arcs can "hit" and "draw" current from ANY electrical wire and then pass the
current through you to the ground. I remember watching a 6' arc hit a live
240VAC socket.....and I notice the lights dim in my house. That because the
current was being pulled from the wall via the 6' streamer!!! If you were in
the way, you would have 50A running through you!
You would be DEAD...plain and simple!
This is why a Tesla Coil is a VERY DANGEROUS DEVICE!
Yes...high frequency currents at all voltages cause burns. And if you don't
have a Tesla Coil you could experient using a "Plasma Ball" which can be
bought at Radio Shack. You then place Aluminum foil over the glass
ball...then turn it on. The small current and high voltage will be pulled to
the surface of the foil....if you touch the foil, you will smell your skin
burning....you could even draw a small purplish arc from the surface. You
can light carbonized candles with it too!

...on a medium sized TC...multiply those "plasma ball" effects by 1000%
JW....

_