Re: what do i need?

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>i am getting someone to get me a capicitor and he needs to know what the
>circut
>requires. well, i have no idea what this means. i am running my TC (well,
>when
>i get it build) with a 15kv NST. what do i tell him?

You're obviously rather new to coiling. Check out The Geek Group :) we sell
capacitors specificly designed to survive in coiling duty. Check out our
website at www.thegeekgroup-dot-org for details, inside you'll find everything
you need to build a capacitor for your coil that will last you years.

Otherwise, tell your friend you need a 25kV cap, rated according to the
amerage on your NST (you didn't say what it was and the cap size matches to
it). Since you're in your early days in coiling you'll probably overvolt it
(I killed several NSTs before I learned the finer points of safety
gaps...got KILLER arcs though, lol) at least once or twice. When you do,
your $150 pulse cap just became a boat anchor. Geek Group caps are
impervious to this and actually heal themselves!

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group