Re: Re: Convert your MOT to NST?

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

This idea of running a MOT via a dimmer and cap is very intriguing.

Presumably the MOT O/P waveform is not sinusoidal anymore (if it ever was)
So we are trying to charge Cp with a fast spikey waveform I suspect.

I imagine that this could be a problem (for many reasons) and look forward
to reports from those of you with the gear set up to try this idea on a real
tesla.

Like others report I use MOTS under oil and believe it toughens them up.
>From the list it seems that MOTS in oil rarely break down in Tesla service.
Anybody experienced a problem in oil ??
Rgds to all
Ted Lionney in NZ