HV Resistor for MOT limiting

Original poster: "Cory Roussel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <imcuddlycory-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all,

I am the one who has been asking so many questions
about MOTs hahah im sorry, but thanks to you all i now
have my MOTs up and running... so far ive blown 2
breakers :(...  but i have found a way i am pretty
sure limits the current input (at LEAST to an
extent)...

the answer:  WATER

if you take some tap water, put it in a jar and put
two heavy gauge wires into the water, with about a
half inch stripped, it does PERFECT for my LARGE
mot...  i dont notice much difference in output... my
ohm meter measures in at 30kOhms but i dont think its
accurate because water is such an innacurate resistor,
but the UPs of this system are: Water has EXCELLENT
power dissapation... dont need all the current
anyways... very cheap instead of rigging up big bulky
power resistors to your primary...  my next project is
hooking them up in series for 8KV without blowing yet
another breaker :(!...