Ballasting

Original poster: "Kamil by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tcmail-at-poczta.fm>

Hi!

I have basic question about ballasting power transformer in TC system.
Now I'm using primary 15ohm resitive ballast. My line voltage is 220VAC, and
my transformer is 15kV(not current limited). My tank cap is 40nF.
It's working nice :-), but I thought about changing bllast on inductive.
Do You think it may improve performance? Perhaps I will have to
change my capacitor- coutn what will be the resonnant cap value and
add/reduct some capacitance (if it will be necessary) to have LTR.
Do You think it is worth to make such changes?