Re: rotary spark gaps

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi list,

For people who already have J. Tebb TSG driver just use a 2 or 4
foot fluorescent at the output of the ignition coil and viola an
instant strobe, I try this with the dimmer cap IC assembly but
this set-up have a little jitter that make a double pattern on
your rotary disk.

Cheers,

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Hi Colin,
>
> The details of sync motor conversion are at:
>
> http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/syncmot.zip
> http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/sync_motor.txt
>
> Strobe lights can be used to set the timing in realation to the AC line
much as
> car's ignitions are timed.  However, most people just turn the motor to
get the
> best sparks without worrying about the details.  Strobe lights are of limited
> use except for experimental or big coil setups.  But, plans are at:
>
> http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/RS-Strobe/RSStrobe.htm
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Terry
>
> At 05:20 PM 1/20/2002 +0000, you wrote:
> >
> > hi all,
> >         how do i build a rotary spark gap i understand the principle but do
> > not know of the small bits like connecting and how much to machine of the
> > motor to make syncronous? also what role does the strobe board play ?
does it