Re: power resistors in terry filter

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi list,

An other economical solution is a MMR; couple of month ago I find
a batch of 50 resistors 15 K* 25 W for $5.00 CAN 9 ( around $3.00
USD ) with 14 parallel you end up with 1.07 k* 350 W perfect for
Terry NST protection filter see this;

http://pages.infinit-dot-net/luc2/mmr.jpg

You need a heat resistant holder I used copper pipes this way I
have a large surface for solder and the solder do not melt in
use. The resistor assembly in the left is 4.3 k* that I used in
my preliminary MOT supply test.

The resistor are not perfectly equal in value they are rate at
10% but with measurement they have around 7% difference in value
that mean some resistance in the assembly are heating more than
other but after testing with power the difference is acceptable.

Cheers,

Luc Benard

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

I think I might have found an alternate source. Would these be
ok?
CustRef=&source=search>mouser product: 284-FPA100-1K</a>

Thanks a lot,
Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon