RE: roatry gap questions

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

For the classical spark gap tesla coil, you absolutely need a capacitor. For
the vttc and sttc, I don't know. These types of tesla coils are way too
complicated and expensive for the beginner.

     No capacitor = No tesla coil

A rotary allows one to time the discharges of the capacitor. It sort of like
timing the spark plugs in a combustion engine.

Godfrey Loudner