RE: help with nst

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi

When you widened the gap, the insulation in the transformer was place under
too much voltage stress and got punctured. The transformer is essentially
doomed. You can heat the transformer in an oven long enough to melt the tar,
which just might cure the problem by closing the internal arcing path. You
should start looking for a similar transformer.

Godfrey Loudner